If you’re looking for project management training and a digital project management course online, you’re in luck! Hot on the heels of our successful #DPM Basics, and eBook, ‘So you think you want to be a digital project manager?‘, we’re launching The Digital Project Manager School.
It’s an online digital project management course, taught by digital PM experts, to provide relevant project management training for those who find themselves tasked with leading teams and delivering projects in a digital world.
Digital projects can be complex beasts. From video pre-rolls and social games, to websites, mobile apps and Facebook pages, effective project management is crucial for the success of any digital project. Digital projects are like no other; whether you’re managing the production of a banner campaign, the build of a website or the development of a mobile application, each comes with its own complications.
We’re here to help you lead them better.
Mastering Digital Project Management
Use our digital project management training to discover how you can leverage project management tools and techniques to deliver projects on-brief, on-time and on-budget, achieving greater business benefit and flexibility, and manage resources more effectively.
Our course provides a solid grounding in all areas of digital project management. By tailoring an agile approach to digital projects, you will be able to plan your project, handle evolving requirements, manage communications and assess progress. Learn how to successfully plan, run and control digital projects, avoid costly pitfalls, and set the criteria for success that will positively impact your bottom line.
Whether you’re newbie project manager, new to the world of digital project management, lacking confidence, or just a marketer who wants to understand project management better, our digital project management training gives you all the project management skills you’ll need to confidently and successfully manage complex digital projects, teams and stakeholders.
Digital Project Management training to learn how to:
- Understand different types of digital projects and the key processes each involves
- Quickly and effectively capture and get agreement on project objectives and requirements
- Devise a clear plan and set the criteria for success so that you know timings, cost and required resources
- Effectively monitor, manage and control projects
- Understand what it takes to keep a project on time and on budget
- Handle risk and changes
- Handle stakeholder communications and engagement
- Apply an agile process for digital projects
- Identify typical project failure patterns and how to avoid them
- Lead projects well, with good practices for team management
The Digital Project Manager School course program
The key starting point for project management is knowing what you need to build, by when and for how much. It’s knowing how to plan a project and engage a team in delivering it. But that’s just the start. During the project you need to determine if it’s still on track—and if not, what to do about it. You need to keep the team and stakeholders happy, understand success, and deliver maximum value in the shortest time.
This course covers the full project management lifecycle. The course is divided into modules, each with videos, slides, and exercises to put into practice what you’ve learnt:
- What project management is and why it’s important
- Project management methodologies: understanding agile and waterfall
- Stages of project management
- Project management tools
- Identifying and engaging stakeholders
- Defining the project brief
- Project kickoff
- Project discovery
- Defining the project
- Devising a clear plan
- Setting the criteria for success – Goals, Objectives, Targets and KPIs
- Developing user stories and requirements
- Prioritizing and estimating features
- Creating project timelines and budgets
- Design: what, when, how (and how much to do when)
- Defining an Information Architecture
- Defining scope and functionality
- Maximising value for money
- Managing risk
- Managing contingency
- Developing a resource plan
Project management & control
- Managing projects – day-to-day activities
- Tracking progress and project analytics
- Stakeholder reporting
- Managing change and ‘scope creep’
- Vendor sourcing and management
Agile, Lean & Kanban
- Understanding and applying agile, lean and Kanban
- Scrum roles
- Putting agile into practice
- Product backlogs
- Sprint planning
- Sprint boards
- Burndown charts
- Applying it all to the real world
- Risk mitigation and issue management
- Dealing with common project problems
- Managing clients and stakeholders through challlenges
- Getting a project back on track
- Incremental delivery
- Deploying successfully
- Proving success
- Post project reviews
- Producing project reports
- Effective project leadership
Empowering the team
- Getting the best out of people
Who’s it for?
This course is particularly suitable if you are:
- A newbie digital project manager
- A digital project manager who needs to start managing agile projects
- Looking for a basic understanding or to dip your toe into agile processes
- Marketers tasked with specifying, commissioning or running large digital projects
- Head of digital, marketing manager/director, product manager or designer
- Wanting to better lead and manage internal or external digital projects
- Not a project manager but have project management responsibilities
Need more information? Please get in touch.